Morton Foundation System--The New Standard in Foundations
At Morton, we continue to innovate and make our buildings the best in the industry. To be the best you need to start with a strong foundation. That’s why many years ago, our research and development department began creating and testing a new way to extend the life of our buildings further by using concrete lower columns in the foundation, rather than wood. Working together with our in-house concrete manufacturing plant, the Morton Foundation System (MFS) was developed.
The evolution of post-frame construction is here—remove wood from the ground to create the strongest and most durable building yet. We’re proud to say that all new Morton buildings come standard, when possible, with our exclusive concrete foundation system that removes wood from the ground and can stand the test of time.
What are some of the benefits of MFS?
- Cast-in-place concrete size is based on the engineering requirements of every building—it is not a one-size-fits-all solution
- Can be used in all climate conditions for a variety of building uses
- No need for future treatment
- 5 times stronger than standard concrete
Some of the specially designed components and superior materials used in MFS include:
- The internal threaded adjustment bracket is used to set all the foundation columns to the same height during construction and anchors it against wind uplift
- Our concrete column is a specially designed concrete formula that inhibits steel rebar corrosion, withstands shock, and increases durability to freeze and thaw
- Stainless steel splashboard bracket is far superior in corrosion resistance than that of galvanized or painted steel
- Internal column connectors connect the concrete column to our custom tailored notched/groove laminated wood column to provide a rigid structural connection
- Our dependable, three-member, laminated No. 1 Southern Yellow Pine columns are hydraulically compressed during lamination, providing stronger columns than solid posts
Be sure your next building has the strength and durability to last. Learn more today!