Love all our Morton buildings. We have built them different years and the color still matches. No fading or discolor. Very pleased.
You take pride in your dairy operation and want a building that meets your daily requirements so you can continue to provide quality products to your customers. With a Morton dairy farm building, you get a dependable structure where you can house your entire operation from freestyle barns, calving barns and milking parlors to feed storage, office space, and sales barns.
We know your business can’t stop to oversee new construction and that’s why we provide personalized service to fit your needs. Whether you’re adding onto an existing facility or starting anew, we can guide you through the building process. We can even work with your equipment manufacturer to ensure your building allows your milking equipment to be positioned in a layout that provides maximum convenience and efficiency.
Dairy farm building facilities designed and constructed by Morton are quick to build, virtually maintenance free, and able to withstand all sorts of elements. That’s because we use the industry’s toughest steel, highest-quality lumber and best paint available. And we guarantee it with the industry’s strongest, non-prorated, non-pass-through warranty.
Recent Dairy Projects
Mark's Dairy Facility
Larry's Dairy Facility
Doug's Dairy Facility
Blue Ribbon Dairy
Custom Dairy Farm Buildings to Help Your Business Grow
Your Morton dairy barn building can be customized to complement any other structure on your property. The needs of your facility are important in choosing the type of building you want. Morton offers everything from freestyle barns, calving barns and milking parlors to feed storage, office space and sale barns.
Ventilation is a key factor in any dairy operation. For the comfort of you and your cows, Morton offers natural and power ventilation options. Sidewall curtains allow for natural ventilation to keep your animals healthy and your building comfortable. Power ventilation and Morton’s exclusive Energy Performer® insulation package or Thermal Dry Board can help you better control the climate inside your facility.
If noise is an issue, you can also add Morton Buildings Hi-Rib™ Acoustical Steel to reduce machinery noise. Your sales consultant can help you choose the placement of doors, windows and stalls to ensure the most efficient and safe working environment for you and your animals.
While the function of your building and the health of your animals is vital, you may also consider the appearance of your new building. Morton offers many exterior features including low-maintenance Hi-Rib™ steel in a variety of colors as well as brick and stone. You can add overhangs, porches or cupolas to complete the appearance of your building.
Other customizable options include:
- Various ventilated ridges—Control the climate in your building with open ridge, raised ridge, and 4’ and 10’ ridgelators
- Open sidewall overhangs—Side overhangs supply incoming air to the continuously vented ridge. This natural airflow carries heat and moisture out the vented ridge, providing a drier environment
- Wall liners—Provide an easy-to-clean, long-lasting interior finish
- Overhead doors—Our approved suppliers provide heavy-duty overhead doors that are easy to use and made to last.
- Splashboard—Installed on the interior of your building to protect your animals and prolong the life of your building
- Heavy-duty G-90 gusset plates—These are added for strength and corrosion protection on our standard Morton Buildings truss barns
- Ventilation curtain systems—Ventilation curtains allow walls to be open for maximum cow comfort, and can be closed in inclement weather to protect building and livestock
Benefits of a Morton Metal Dairy Building
Second and third generation owners will tell you their Morton buildings look like new after decades of use. From foundations to fasteners, every detail is thoughtfully designed for minimal maintenance and optimal durability. In fact, the reason we offer the industry-leading warranty is because Morton buildings:
- Use FLUOROFLEX® paints because they resist moisture and UV light
- Won’t corrode or rot because of treated wood, true stainless-steel screws and rust-resistant ring shank fasteners
- Stand strong against high wind and snow loads
- Manufactures our own G90 truss plates that provide greater protection against corrosion
- Eliminate leaking and condensation build-up through roof pitches and ventilation systems
- Control condensation and thereby protect insulation from moisture and sagging
From the smallest fastener to the trusses overhead, a dairy barn builder like Morton leaves absolutely no detail to chance. If we’re going to put our name on it, we’re going to make sure it’s done right. That’s why we employ the people who manufacture the building materials, deliver them to your site and construct your building.
Morton stands behind your building with one of the strongest, most comprehensive, non-prorated warranties in the industry. We use easy-to-understand language that informs, not confuses our, customers. From the planning stages to the completion of your building and beyond, Morton stands by our customers and our product. You’ll benefit from the peace of mind and pride that comes from investing in a dairy farm building facility that’s built to last for generations.
Working with a Dairy Barn Builder Like Morton
Morton is unique in that we are vertically integrated—we design your building, we make the materials for it, we deliver the building package, we construct it, and we provide a warranty for it. When you choose to build with Morton, the experience is as solid as the building itself.
We operate within a culture of accountability. Before, during and after completion of your building, we’re your one point of contact. It’s no wonder the vast majority of our projects stem from referrals.
Your Morton sales consultant represents you. Your sales consultant works for Morton until you make a down payment. Then he or she works for you. Your sales consultant will meet with you to discuss your ideas and budget for your dairy farm building. Working with you, a building layout will be generated based on your specifications. As part of the larger Morton network, he or she will guide you through the entire process to:
• Arrange pre-build details, like concept development, building plans and quotes, site plan, permits and zoning details, budgeting and financing
• Oversee the building process, communicating with you throughout
• Check on your satisfaction after completion
Watch this video to learn more about planning your building project: