Morton Buildings, Inc. (“Morton Buildings”) is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes how Morton Buildings collects, uses, shares, and protects information from and about you, along with choices you can make about such information, when you visit our website, http://www.mortonbuildings.com (“Website”). It also contains other important privacy disclosures, such as how we may update the Statement and how you can contact us.
Information We Collect
We collect information to better serve all of our customers, which can range from the contact information you provide us so that we can communicate with you to basic analytical data that explains which products are most viewed on our Website. When you visit our Website, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Identification information that can be used to recognize you, such as your name, alias, address, phone number, email address, signatures, or other identifiers. We may also collect online identifiers such as your IP address or your domain name when you visit our Website.
- Commercial information such as products or services you purchased or considered purchasing.
- Protected class information under state or federal laws such as age, gender, and family status.
- Online activities information such as browsing history, search history, and other information generated when you interact with our Website or advertisements.
- Location information such as your IP address to identify the general geographic area from which you remotely access our Website.
- Information you give us such as information that you provide through our contact form or when you sign up for regular communications or promotional offers.
- Inferences regarding your preferences, interests, and other characteristics.
- Other sources such as publically available databases, joint marketing partners, or other partners, when they share the information with us.
- With your consent, we may collect information about you and your use of the Website. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect the quality of your experience accessing the Website and your use of our products and services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information in the ways described below:
- To respond to you and provide you with products and services you request, such as communicating with you by email, ensuring proper delivery of building materials, or delivering an electronic copy of your invoices.
- To improve our business, products, and services, such as improving our Website or developing new ways to purchase and browse our products and services.
- To identify and assess Website trends and customer interests, such as recommending products and services that may interest you, identifying the IP addresses or devices you use to interact with us so that we can continuously improve the content we provide, and identifying your interests based on your interactions with us and information we have received from third parties or publicly available sources.
- For our marketing, such as sending you communications about promotional offers via regular mail, email, or phone, or sending you regular communications and other information you have requested.
- Detecting, preventing, investigating, and addressing fraud, unlawful or criminal activity; violations of our policies; security or technical issues; or unauthorized access to or use of information, websites, or data systems.
- Meeting legal obligations including statutory reporting purposes; responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; enforcing our agreements; and protecting the rights or property of Morton Buildings or others.
- For other purposes based on your consent.
De-identified and aggregate information. We also may de-identify and/or aggregate information to create aggregate or de-identified data sets and reports in order to assess, improve, and develop our products and services; and for other research and analytics purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted by law. Please see below for examples of circumstances in which we share information:
- With third parties who perform services on our behalf such as data analysis, website hosting, content syndication, social media integration, marketing, information technology and related infrastructure, and payment processing/billing. These entities may have access to your information if needed to perform their functions. If such access is required, the third parties will be obligated to maintain the security of that information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to Morton Buildings.
- For research and analytical purposes such as to evaluate and improve our products and business operations.
- In the event of a corporate change in control (for instance, a merger), Morton Buildings may transfer or assign your information to the new party in control or the party acquiring our assets. In such circumstances, we would seek to ensure the acquiring party follows the practices described in this Statement. We cannot promise, however, that an acquiring company or the merged company will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Statement.
- To professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Law enforcement, legal process, and emergency situations. In some cases, we may use or disclose your information to a third party if we are required to do so by law or if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law or legal process; to protect, enforce, and defend against activities that may threaten the security, integrity, or availability of our or another party’s products or services; or to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of Morton Buildings, its officers, directors, volunteers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
- De-identified or aggregate information. We also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify your information. For instance, we may share such information to assess, improve, and develop our products and services; and for other research and analytics purposes. We will also may share aggregate information with our partners and other third parties about the collective demographics or Website users or how they collectively use our products and services.
With your consent or at your direction. In addition to the sharing described in this Statement, we may share your information with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
How We Protect Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed and intended to protect your information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Despite these safeguards, due to inherent uncertainty in the use of the internet and information systems and the potential for unlawful attacks by third parties, we cannot guarantee that the use of our systems or Website will be completely safe or secure.
We retain information for as long as it is needed or useful to provide and improve our products and services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Some features of the Website may require the use of a password or access code. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your password or access code. You may not disclose your password or access code to any unauthorized third parties and are solely responsible for any use of or action taken under your password or access code. Morton Buildings will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your password or access code.
Managing Your Marketing Preferences
You will have the opportunity to receive future mailings or promotional offers or consent to the use of your information for other purposes by clicking one or more “opt-in” boxes provided on the Website. If you do not wish to receive future mailings or promotional offers or consent to the use of your information for other purposes, please send your request to “opt-out” via regular U.S. Mail to Morton Buildings, Attn: Website Coordinator, P.O. Box 339, Morton, IL 61550 or email the Website Coordinator with return receipt requested at email@example.com.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to third party websites. If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to websites we do not control. This Statement does not apply to the information practices of those websites. You should read the privacy policies of other websites carefully. We are not responsible or liable for third party websites.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. Our Website does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
Morton Buildings recognizes the importance of children’s safety and privacy. Our Website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not request, or knowingly collect, any information from children under the age of 18. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 18 who has provided her or his information to us and would like this information deleted, please contact us via regular U.S. Mail to Morton Buildings, Attn: Website Coordinator, P.O. Box 339, Morton, IL 61550 or email the Website Coordinator with return receipt requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Statement
We have the right to change this Statement and to apply the changes to all information received and maintained by Morton Buildings. If we make a material change to this Statement, a revised version of this Statement will be preceded by a notice at least ten (10) days prior to the effective date of such change.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our Website, our products or services, or our privacy policies and practices, please write to us via regular U.S. Mail to Morton Buildings, Attn: Website Coordinator, P.O. Box 339, Morton, IL 61550 or email the Website Coordinator with return receipt requested at email@example.com.