Absolutely love this building. Very well thought out process. Construction was quick and site was clean when build was finished. Fun to watch. 0 complaints.
Protect Your Investment and Theirs
Not so long ago, self-storage facilities were mostly used by individuals who needed a place to temporarily store excess household items. The self-storage answered the need for inexpensive storage while the individual was in the midst of a move, went off to college, or served in the armed forces. Today, the self-storage facility serves practically every segment of our society: students, renters, homeowners, recreational vehicle owners, collectors and hobbyists, and business people.
You want a long-lasting, low-maintenance self-storage building that will give your customers a safe and convenient place to store their valuables. Whether they’re looking for a space to house their collectibles, recreational vehicles or simply items that don’t fit in their home, Morton can construct a facility where they can be confident renting space. That’s because we use quality products and sound construction methods that far surpass industry standards.
Because a variety of people utilize storage units, from students to renters and homeowners to business owners, Morton works with you to create the number of units and size of those units that best fit the needs of your community. Morton self-storage units can also be customized both inside and out with features including steel, brick and stone siding, wainscot, overhead doors and a variety of insulation options. We provide the flexibility you need for your business and the reliability your customers expect for their belongings.
Recent Self-Storage Projects
2 & Evans Storage
Highway Two Storage
Hartland Self Storage, Inc.
George's Mini-Storage Facility
Custom Commercial Self-Storage
Whether you plan on building a small facility or large complex complete with an office, providing a professional setting is important. With Morton, you can create an attractive looking building that is low-maintenance and efficient. We offer a variety of features for your buildings including Hi-Rib™ steel, brick and stone siding, wainscot, overhead doors, cupolas and overhangs.
While creating an attractive exterior is important, it is what’s inside that counts. The interior of Morton self-storage facility units can be a variety of sizes and utilize options that best fit your business plan and the needs of your customers. A steel-lined interior gives each unit a clean look and easy-to-maintain finish. Floor to roof steel partitions eliminate the need for a ceiling inside the units which provides more usable square footage space for storage. Our post-frame, clear-span construction provides flexibility in allowing partitions to be moved and/or removed as needed.
Other features and options include:
- Wainscot: Add style and protection to your building with wainscot. A variety of finishes are available.
- Corner Protectors: 4" x 4" corner protectors provide a long-lasting defense against impact damage to building corners.
- Cupolas: Make your building stand out with this attractive accent piece. Functional and non-functional cupolas available in a variety of sizes and styles.
- Hi-Rib™ Steel Partitions: Hi-Rib steel is used to create full height partitions between units, eliminating the need for a ceiling.
- Coil Up Doors: Morton Buildings offers coil up doors in a variety of sizes. These doors are easy to use and made to last.
- Overhead Doors: Morton Buildings heavy-duty custom doors are easy to use and made to last. Available in widths up to 40'.
Financing for Self-Storage Buildings
Morton Buildings, Inc. has partnered with AgriFinancial (AgFi) to offer easy construction financing options to self-storage owners. AgFi understands Morton’s process, construction phases and funding needs, as well as your self-storage needs, to deliver one convenient, thorough financing package that covers your project start to finish.
- No down payment required
- Competitive rates that can be fixed up to 10 years
- No SBA guarantee requirement
- Monthly or annual payment plans
- No prepayment penalties
or call 877-548-2622 for more information.
Benefits of a Morton Self-Storage Facility
As a business owner, you want a long-lasting, low-maintenance building to invest in. Morton Buildings can construct a dependable building for your business while providing a safe, convenient place for your customers to store their valuables. Whether they are looking for a place to house their collectibles, recreational vehicles or simply items that don’t currently fit into their home, a Morton storage building provides a facility where your customers can be confident renting space.
Unlike most metal self-storage unit builder options, one of the greatest benefits of building with Morton is the superior energy-efficiency of our buildings. Morton’s exclusive Energy Performer® insulation system provides superior condensation control and insulation. Wide blankets of insulation are used in the walls of your facility while blown-in insulation is used in the ceiling to provide high thermal ratings.
A vapor retarder creates a seal, preventing moisture from getting inside the outside walls while still allowing for adequate ventilation. All windows and doors are also properly sealed to keep air infiltration to a minimum, creating an interior climate that can be properly maintained while remaining cost-effective. The Energy Performer package provides several features including:
- Walls nearly 9 inches thick with 6 inches of insulation. (With the option to add more/thicker insulation.)
- Wide blankets of insulations vs. only 14½ inches in standard stud wall construction.
- Polyethylene vapor retarder is carefully installed to keep insulation dry and reduce infiltration and heat loss by creating a seal.
- HVAC, electricity and plumbing can also be run inside the vapor barrier without cutting holes or breaking the seal.
- Fully ventilated attic provides condensation control, resulting in dry insulation, which is more effective.
- 15½-inch truss heels allow full depth, blown-in ceiling insulation with a rating of R-38 or greater, with the option to add more insulation to obtain an overall average rating up to R-60, and air space for attic ventilation.
- Sidewall fiberglass blanket insulation provides a true R-19. By using thicker walls and more insulation, a greater R-Value can be achieved.
Energy Performer not only saves you money by reducing your heating and cooling bills, it also gives your building a finished look. Exposed insulation can tear, reducing the value of the insulation and making the interior of a building look worn; with Energy Performer, your insulation is protected.
An uninsulated, unadorned self-storage facility has little chance of being economically converted to other uses if, for some reason, the market in that particular area becomes depressed. A well-designed commercial self-storage with overhangs, insulation and quality features throughout can be converted more easily and at less expense. Quality buildings can be converted to anything from office complexes to shopping plazas.
Morton Self-Storage Facilities:
How Does the Process Work?
Your building project is handled by Morton Buildings from the planning stages through the manufacturing of materials, delivery of those materials and construction of your building. We even stand behind our work long after your facility is up and running with the strongest, non-prorated warranty in the industry. And because we have been in business since 1903, you can be confident we will be around to honor your warranty as well as help with future growth.
In addition, the commercial division of Morton Buildings provides fully integrated design and construction of commercial buildings across the United States. We utilize a collaborative and proven four-step designBUILD project delivery system to achieve a professional, consistent, and customer-centric experience. As a single-source resource with a national footprint, Morton Buildings Commercial is trusted to manage the entire process of a construction project from concept to completion.
We developed this designBUILD process with our customer in mind, as it enables us to deliver projects that meet your scope, schedule, and budget. This alleviates stress, eliminates time loss, and ultimately reduces the overall project cost, as our design fees are nominal and included as part of the construction package.
Your Morton sales consultant represents you. Your sales consultant works for Morton until you make a down payment. Then he or she works for you. Your sales consultant will meet with you to discuss your ideas and budget. Working with you, the building layout will be generated based on your specifications. As part of the larger Morton network, he or she will guide you through the entire process to:
- Arrange pre-build details, like concept development, building plans and quotes, site plan, permits and zoning details, budgeting and financing
- Oversee the building process, communicating with you throughout
- Check on your satisfaction after completion
Watch this video to learn more about planning your building project: