Pricing A Morton Buildings Home
Pricing a Morton Buildings Home
A home designed and constructed from Morton Buildings is truly a unique structure, due to our combination of clear-span timber-frame construction, maximum efficiency and a virtually maintenance-free exterior. The question often arises: so how much does a Morton home cost?
A variety of factors contribute to the cost of any Morton building. Some of the most significant variables include the size of your building, features you choose for your building, location of your building and the site you plan to build on.
In addition, there are several levels of involvement you can have when constructing a home. The level you select can significantly impact the process and costs. For example, turn-key is generally not part of our home offering as our offering is to construct the insulated, lockable shell of the home and the interior finish can be completed by the homeowner or their own general contractor. However, depending on your location, our sales consultants may have local general contractor referrals available for the interior finish work.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Because every Morton home is unique, it can be very difficult to give broad pricing estimates. There is not a one-price-fits-all answer to that question, but we want to provide a ballpark range as a guideline for three types of homes below.
One of the most critical things to remember when seeking a price for a Morton building is that the most reliable source throughout the design process will always be a local Morton sales consultant, as they are equipped with the knowledge to explain what a building will cost and why it will cost that amount.
Ranch-Style Insulated House Shell:
Dimensions: 36’W x 10’H x 50’L (1800 square-foot of potential living area)
Insulated Shell Price Starting at $50/square foot
- 4/12 roof pitch
- FLUOROFLEX® 1000 Hi-Rib steel minimum .019 siding (Fastened with stainless steel screws)
- 36” tall FLUOROFLEX® 1000 Hi-Rib steel minimum .019 wainscot (Fastened with stainless steel screws)
- 7/16” thick OSB by approximately 32” tall protective liner
- FLUOROFLEX® 1000 Hi-Rib steel minimum .019 roof (Fastened with EPDM washer nails) with vent-a-ridge, lap rib sealant tape
- 1’ wide vented sidewall overhand with standard 6” fascia, gutters, and downspouts with elbows at base on the south and north walls
- 1’ wide non-vented endwall overhang with standard 6” fascia on the east and west walls
- 3’ x 6’8” MB 910 9 Lite Tempered Glass in Leaf with Embossed Crossbuck Walk Door(s) in swing left hinge with lockset
- (6) 3’4” x 5’0” MB single hung windows with low E glass with argon, grids between the glass
- (2) 2’4” x 3’0” MB single hung windows with low E glass with argon, grids between the glass
- 50’ lineal feet of coverage, 6’ wide porch with soffit and gutters, approximately 9’6” grade to porch frame, with roof to be FLUOROFLEX® 1000 Hi-Rib steel minimum .019
- 12’ lineal feet of coverage, 10’ wide porch with soffit and gutters, approximately 8’8” grade to porch frame, with roof to be FLUOROFLEX® 1000 Hi-Rib steel minimum .019
- Energy Performer insulation package—ceiling (framing only) with floating 2”x4” stripping at 16” O.C. for gypsum, OSB or FRP, 4 mil vapor retarder and insulation retainer (suspended approximately 4” below the lower chord of truss) and air deflector at eaves between trusses. Interior wall with 2”x4” horizontal stripping at 16” on centers; wall cavity is insulated with 6” fiberglass insulation and 4 mil vapor retarder.
Of course, additional costs will become a factor when the remaining finish work is completed. The price does not include: Site prep, insulation in attic above ceiling, monolithic concrete slab with thickened edge, interior walls, and finish work. Finishing costs can range anywhere from $50 per square foot to more than $100 per square foot.
Morton Buildings does not offer home financing or lend internally. However, we have partnered with New Century Bank to offer home financing options for our customers. For more information, please contact New Century Bank at 1-888-235-7976 or visit www.newcenturybankna.com.
Additional information on pricing, including sample design options and floor plans, can be found in Morton’s Residential Planning Guide.
To move forward with your new home project, please contact your local Morton sales office!