Morton Opens New Construction Center Serving Sioux Falls and Surrounding Area
We’re proud to announce that Morton has built and opened a new construction center that will continue to serve Sioux Falls and surrounding communities!
To meet the growing industry demand in the area, the 11,016 square-foot facility, Morton’s largest and first of its kind, offers a single location for the sales, support and construction of agricultural, residential and commercial facilities.
Located at 2401 Bakker Landing Avenue in Tea, South Dakota, the new center will accommodate building and service crews, field sales, administrative staff and sales consultants. A grand opening and facility tour were held Oct. 10 for city officials, Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce and Tea Economic Development Board members, and local business and building professionals.
Morton Buildings has operated in the area since the 1960s and has now outgrown its former Sioux Falls location built in 2002. “We’re excited to open our new construction center, which will showcase many of our most recent innovations,” said Sean Cain, Vice President and General Manager of Morton Buildings. “Sioux Falls and the surrounding markets have provided us with growth opportunities and the ability to sustain a highly capable labor force. “Additionally, the geographic location is ideal in being able to provide support to other Morton Buildings locations throughout the region.”
The new facility was constructed utilizing the company’s designBUILD approach, a project delivery system that includes integrated design and construction services to achieve greater cost efficiencies and lessen construction delays.
Here are some of the details of the new building:
• Office, 54' x 11' x 54'
• Warehouse, 60' x 16' x 135'
• Morton Buildings exclusive Morton Foundation System
• Reinforced precast concrete column
• Premium, optional concrete splashboard (available in select regions)
• Full height laminated wood columns
• Roof, Fluroflex 1000 Hi-Rib steel, low sheen black
• Siding, Fluroflex 1000 Hi-Rib steel, weathered grey
• James Hardie Lap Siding and trims
• Perimeter Hi-Rib steel wainscot, black
• Perimeter stone wainscot
• Windows, Pella Lifestyle series, black
• Walk doors, MB 910 series Fibersteel
• Overhead Door brand overhead doors with glass
• Four – 22' x 14'
• One – 14' x 14'
• Overhangs, 2' vented sidewall and 1' solid end wall
• 14' x 8' gable entry porch
• Two – 3'-6" x 6'-8" commercial glass entry doors with side lights
• Morton Buildings exclusive Energy Performer insulation system
• 6" blanket wall insulation (R19) with vapor barrier
• Ceilings R38 blown fiberglass
• Shop lined with Morton Hi-Rib steel
• Acoustical steel around top perimeter
• Floors and paving
• Office, 4" with vapor barrier and #3 rebar 2' o.c. polished and color dye
• Shop, 6" with perimeter 2" insulation and #4 rebar 2' o.c.
• Parking lot, 5" and 6" paving #4 rebar 2' o.c. with SD DOT sealer and hot pour joint sealer
• Lincoln Office furniture systems
• Per Mar CCTV security system
• Rheem 2, heating and cooling (two each 100,000 BTU 92% eff. and 4 ton 13 SEER)
• Two Modine 125,000 BTU unit heaters
• Lithonia Lighting